vendredi 7 avril 2023

Tense and the city

The bright lights of the studio shone down on the four women sitting in a line of chairs, the audience in front of them buzzing with anticipation. Andy Cohen, the host of the show, sat in the middle of them, ready to kick off the long-awaited reunion of the iconic HBO show "Sex and the City."

As the show began, the tension was palpable. Sarah Jessica Parker, looking radiant in a red gown, sat with a forced smile on her face, her eyes darting nervously around the room. Cynthia Nixon, with her fiery red hair, sat quietly beside her, her hands folded in her lap. Kristin Davis, looking stunning in a black cocktail dress, sat nervously fidgeting with her hands, while Kim Cattrall, dressed in a fitted pantsuit, sat with her arms crossed, her expression unreadable.

"So ladies, let's talk about the elephant in the room," Andy said with a grin. "The third movie. Fans have been waiting for it for years. What happened?"

Sarah Jessica cleared her throat. "Well, there were some creative differences, and unfortunately, we couldn't come to an agreement."

Kim scoffed. "Creative differences? More like Sarah wanted more money, and the rest of us weren't willing to sacrifice the integrity of the show for a bigger paycheck."

Cynthia spoke up, her voice firm. "That's not fair, Kim. We all wanted what was best for the show. It wasn't just about money."

Kim rolled her eyes. "Right. Because Sarah didn't make it clear that she was the "Star" of the show and deserved to be paid more than the rest of us."

Sarah Jessica's face turned red. "That's not true, Kim. We were a team, a family. We all contributed to the success of the show."

Kristin finally spoke up, her voice shaking slightly. "Can we please move on to another topic? This is making me uncomfortable."

Andy nodded. "Of course. Let's talk about Sarah's memoir, 'My Life So Far.' What did you all think of it?"

Kim snorted. "I haven't read it. I'm not interested in reading the fictionalized version of Sarah's life."

Sarah Jessica looked hurt. "It's not fictionalized Kim. It's my life story."

Kim shrugged. "Whatever you say, Sarah."

Eventually the conversation lead to a more serious topic with the tragic death of Kim's brother. 

Kim Cattrall's bitter tone filled the room as she recounted the time she was expecting support from her co-star and friend, Sarah Jessica Parker.

"Well." Kim tried to keep her composure.

"It was a tough time for me, and I just felt like Sarah could have been more supportive... But I guess she was too busy promoting her book," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Sarah quickly jumped to defend herself, "Kim, you know that's not true. I sent you a message, I tried to reach out to you."

"A message? You couldn't pick up the phone and call me?"

"I was trying to respect your privacy. I didn't want to intrude. I apologized for that. I didn't mean to come across as insensitive.""

"But yeah, well, you always do." said Kim giving her a narrowed look.

Cynthia tried to mediate, "Okay, let's all take a deep breath and try to move on from this, okay?"

But it was clear that the wounds were still fresh, and the bitterness was still present. Andy Cohen, the host of the show, tried to steer the conversation to a reconciliation between Sarah and Kim, hoping for a resolution.

"Do you two think you can ever patch things up?" he asked.

Sarah suddenly sighed tearfully, "I hope so Andy... I-I really do. It's been a tough situation... A-and I wish we could move past it..."

Kim, didn't buy it and replied, "Yeah, I'm sure you do. It must be really tough for you to not have everyone love you all the time and be the center of the attention."

Sarah looked angry and frustrated, and the audience shifted uneasily in their seats.

"You know, Kim, I really wish we could put this feud behind us, really." she said firmly.

Kim scoffed. "I don't think so, Sarah. You made it clear where we stood in your eyes."

Sarah Jessica's eyes filled again with tears. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, Kim... I never meant to..."

Kim stood up suddenly, her voice rising. "Spare us with your crocodile tears Sarah, as I said, you have never been my friend and you will never be, sorry but I can't forget about how cruel you were to me and I'm done with this mascarade. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that everything's okay. This reunion was a mistake, bye!"

And with that, Kim stormed out of the studio, leaving the rest of the women and the audience in shock.

After a long and awkward silence Kristin tried to lighten the mood, "Er... So, who’s up for a Cosmo after this girls?" 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

The Bundy curse

The forge in Lower Uncton had always been a place of honest work and honest sweat. In the autumn of 1653, the rhythmic clanging of hammer ag...